Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Thursday morning

Mama is not doing so well this AM.  (If descriptions of physical illness upset you, skip to the next paragraph).  I had diarrhea last night and took some Imodium, but I just couldn't eat this morning due to the nausea.  No fever, just really upset stomach... 
 
Baba and Nai Nai  went with Quincy and Richard (our guide) to the notary office and a museum this morning and left mama to get some rest.  I just woke up from a nap, and plan to take another one when Quincy goes down this afternoon.  I'm feeling a bit better, and I'm sure I'll be fine, so don't worry about me.  It's probably just mild food poisoning and lack of rest.
 
I wanted to post the most precious moments that come to mind, so far in our journey:
 
When we were at the zoo, he was playing bubbles with Baba and I was looking the other direction.  He called out "Mama, look at XinYan and Baba!"  Of course it was in Chinese, but I knew exactly what he meant...  It's so cool that he wants us both to be involved in the fun.  He really does seem to be taking to each of us equally.  Mama's emerging as the disciplinarian, and Baba's definitely the more fun one.  But we all play individually and alone, and it's been great.  He will listen to me a bit better than Jason, because Jason's a bit of a pushover for that impish little grin...
 
Last night when I put him to bed, he didn't want to sleep in the little bed (mattress from Grandma's room that was moved to the floor in our room).  He wanted to sleep in the big bed.  So I let him sleep in the big bed.  Jason decided not to move him and slept in the little bed, so Quincy and I were sleeping in the big bed together.  This morning, when he was all groggy and just beginning to wake up, he rolled over into me and cuddled for about 15 minutes.  It was SO AMAZING!!!  He's taking to us far better than could be expected.  We couldn't be happier.
 
Tomorrow, we're planning to see the orphanage and possibly the hospital where Quincy was found as a baby.  Should be a BIG day!
 
Love always,
Bridget

4 comments:

Kelli said...

so sweet! I hope you're feeling better soon...good call on the immodium...I always bring it with me when I go to Asia!!! Just in case! Sounds like you are having some pretty fantastic days!!! Keep up the postings, I look forward to reading them!!!

Anonymous said...

Bridget-- loving your posts! And so happy to hear that Quincy is adjusting so well and loving his new family. We can't wait to meet him! Hope you feel better soon. (( hugs ))

connie said...

I am sorry you aren't feeling well, hope you are better soon.

It's so great hearing all your Quincy stories, thanks for sharing mama.

Connie

Mary Kynett said...

Hi Bridget and Jason,

I have been reading all your posts and still have goose bumps on the day you told us about your first meeting with Quincy! He is one lucky boy and by the way it sounds, you are two very lucky parents! I'm glad to hear he has a lot of energy.....no parents should be able to rest! (I have three very energic young lads) haha

My mom is here visiting and she has been reading your posts too! She is a big help during harvest!

Hugs and kisses.....safe travels home to Seattle!

Love,
Cousin Mary