Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Last day in China

First I want to thank all of you for your thoughts, prayers, good wishes and emails.  I'm so sorry I haven't had time to respond personally, but know that I truly appreciate them all.
 
Yesterday Jason took Quincy to a zoo with Richard and I stayed back at the hotel with Meg.  She was pretty frosty for an hour or so, so I let her have some space.  Then I started packing and asked her if she wanted to help.  Which she did.  So she helped me fold and pack clothes for a while.  Then I got out a little craft kit that Jason had bought at Carrefour.  We cut out paper and glued things together and had some bonding time.  Her development in the skills of cutting, pasting, art project type stuff is about on par with Quincy, but it was a fun time anyway.
 
Then we went for a little walk around the hotel, since we were both feeling pretty cooped up in our stuffy room.  It went well.  She watched for cars (mostly) and even warned me when cars were coming a few times.  When we got back to the hotel entrance, she really didn't want to go in, and melted down.  Luckily Baba and QUincy pulled up a couple of minutes later and we got her inside fairly easily.
 
She has a bit of a cold, so I think that's affecting her mood as well.  All in all, it was a good day though. 

Today we had a meltdown about getting dressed.  That's a daily occurrence.  But I distracted her by testing her blood sugar and then she got dressed while I was getting her insulin shot ready...
 
Today we go to the consulate and finish some last minute shopping and tomorrow we leave early in the morning.  Please keep us in your prayers for the long flight home.  The lay-over in Shanghai is gonna be a rough 6 hours, I think.
 
Peace, love and happiness,
Bridget
 
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thinking of you guys. Hang in there.

One Happy Momma said...

I can't believe it's your last day in China, already!

Saying prayers for your flight home and things will go well during the lay-over.

Hope you post to your blog (when you can) when you're home. Would love to hear how things are going.

{{HUGS}}

Cathy